From Geneva Daily Times 26 October 1905
BROWN - HAWLEY
Canandaigua, N. Y. - At Vine Valley on the lake at noon yesterday
the marriage of Chester C. Brown of this village and Miss
Gladys Hawley, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Myron F. Hawley of Vine
Valley. The ceremony was performed by Rev.
Lewis T. Reed of the Congregational church, in the presence of a large
number of guests. Wild clematis and other brilliant autumnal foliage
made the rooms attractive. The dining room was
decorated in pink and white, while smilax and carnations covered the
tables. The bride, gowned in white silk and carrying white carnations,
was attended by Miss Bertha Muschovitch of Rochester and Miss Jane
Chisholm of this place, whose gowns were white Persian lawn and who
carried bouquets of pink carnations. Charles Myers of Rochester and
Herman Carpenter of this place attended the groom. Mr. and Mrs. Brown
left after the wedding dinner for an eastern trip and will be at
home in this village after November 4. The steamer Oriana carried the
Canandaiguans to Vine Valley and return. Mr. Brown is the local
freight agent of the Rochester & Eastern Railroad and a former
resident of Rochester.
From Geneva Daily Times
21 June 1906
TANEY - FIELDS
A pretty June wedding took
place at St. Francis de Sales church this morning, the
principals being Miss Julia Fields and John F.
Taney. The ceremony was performed by Very Rev. Dean W.
A. McDonald in the presence of a large number of the friends and
relatives of the contracting parties. The bridal party entered
the church to the strains of the bridal chorus from Lohengrin played
by Professor Dousek. They were met at the altar rail by the officiating
clergyman. The bride was handsomely gowned in white voile with hat
to match. She carried a white prayer book and was attended by Miss Mary
Burke, who wore a dress of white mulle with hat to match. James Taney,
a brother of the groom, acted as best man. Following the ceremony at
the church a reception was held at the residence of Joseph W.
White, 27 North Genesee street. Immediately after the reception, Mr.
and Mrs. Taney left over the Lehigh for a western trip. Upon their
return they will make their home in this city.
From Geneva Daily Times 26 June 1906
NUHN - HALL
Word received from Williamsport, Pa., announces that on Wednesday
evening last at the home of Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Beaghley in that city,
there took place the marriage of Miss Lottie F. Hall of
Williamsport to Charles Nuhn of Geneva. The ceremony was
Rev. Foster Fuller, of the First church of Christ. Mr. Earnest Eiken
acted as best man and Miss Rose Thorne as maid of honor. The ring
ceremony was used and Miss Lottie C. Hall, a niece of the bride,
presided at the organ. The house was decorated with ferns
and daisies. There were about fifty guests present.
From Geneva Daily Times 27 June 1906
COVERT - SCHUMACKER
A very pretty wedding took place this afternoon at two o'clock when Dr.
Jay Byington Covert of this city and Miss Magdalene Schumacker
of New Boston, Pa., were united in marriage at the home of the
bride's parents. Miss Cora Covert of Seneca Falls was the
bridesdmaid Frandederick Whitwell of this city acted as best man.
The wedding was a very quiet one, only relatives and particular friends
being present. After the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served. Mr.
and Mrs. Covert left for New York where they took the Old Dominion line
steamship for Richmond, Va. From there they will go to
the mountains for two weeks. Dr. and Mrs. Covert will reside with
the doctor's parents on South Main street in this city.
McMANN - COOLEY
The marriage of Miss Jennie Maude Cooley to Edward
Smellous McMann took place this afternoon at four o'clock at the
home of Rev. C. E. Jewell, pastor of the Methodist church. The bride
a neat traveling suit of blue. Miss Anna Louise Cooley, a sister of the
bride, was the bridesmaid and wore white lawn. Louis Bryant McMann
acted as best man. After a short wedding trip,
Mr. and Mrs. McMann will reside in this city.
From Geneva Daily Times 30
BOLLES - TYLER
Naples, N. Y. - A large and brilliant wedding took place Wednesday
evening at the fine farm home of Darwin Tyler. It was a daisy wedding,
and the rooms were beautifully decorated. The bride was Miss
Florence W. Tyler, the only daughter of the household, and the
groom was John C. Bolles, recently of this village, a young
business man, now of Auburn. The officiating clergyman was Rev. C. C.
McLean, and the best man, Arthur W. Tyler, brother of the bride. The
honor was Miss Gertrude Demion. At the completion of the service the
bridal party filed into an adjoining parlor, where under an arch of
ferns, daisies and roses, were received the congratulations of
the guests. The couple will spend a few weeks on the Great Lakes and
Detroit, and returning will reside at Auburn.
From Geneva Daily Times 22 August 1896
MORRISON - KEELER
James B. Morrison and Mrs. Mary U. Keeler, both of
Geneva, were married in the presence of a few invited friends at the
bride's home, 123
Pulteney street, on Wednesday evening, the 19th last. The Rev.
Chas. E. Hamilton officiated.
From Geneva Daily Times 9 September 1896
DE VANNY - QUINN
The marriage of Miss Nellie Cecelia Quinn, daughter of Mr.
and Mr. T. J. Quinn, to Michael DeVanny was solemnized this
morning at 10:30 o'clock by Very Rev. W. A. McDonald at St. Francis de
Sales church amid a large circle of relatives and friends. The bride's
maid was Miss Margarite Quinn, sister of the bride. The groom's man was
Matthew DeVaney, cousin of the groom. John DeVaney, Henry Carr, James
McCarthy and George Durkey acted as ushers. A reception will be held at
the home of the bride on Lake street this evening from 7 to 10 o'clock.
THOMPSON - RUDD
Canandaigua, N. Y. - Last
evening at 6 o'clock occurred the marriage of Robert
F. Thompson and Miss Susan J. Rudd, both of Canandaigua.
Revs. N. M. Calhoun and C. H. Dickinson, of the Congregational church,
performed the ceremony, which was witnessed by only
immediate relatives of the family at the bride's home. The groom is a
well-known and popular Canandaigua lawyer, and is also one of
Ontario county's best know vocalists. The bride is very widely known in
musical circles. The happy couple left last night for a western trip.
From Geneva Daily Times 17 September 1896
WYCKOFF - CATCHPOLE
A pretty home wedding took place yesterday afternoon at the residence
of Mr. and Mrs. John G. Catchpole on William street, at 5:30
o'clock, when their daughter, Miss Ethel A., and Abram R.
Wyckoff were united in marriage. The service was performed by Rev.
C. O. S. Kearton. The house
was beautifully decorated with palms and white flowers, and the
ceremony was witnessed by the relatives of the couple and a few invited
guests. Miss Lily M. Catchpole, sister of the bride, acted as
bridesmaid, and Walter J. P. Catchpole acted as best man. The bride was
attired in a white silk gown and carried a bouquet of roses, and the
bridesmaid was dressed in blue. The bride received many beautiful
that attested the esteem in which was held. The newly married couple
left town by the Black Diamond for the west, and will return and make
their home in Geneva. Many friends extend their congratulations.
From Geneva Daily Times 22 September 1896
GRIFFIN - NOONAN
A pretty wedding took place at 9 o'clock this morning at St. Francis de
Sales church, the contracting parties being Mr. Philip Griffin and
Miss Nora Noonan, both of Geneva. The bridesmaid was Miss Kate
Noonan, and the best man was Henry White. The bride was dressed in
light brown and the bridesmaid in light blue. A reception will be held
evening at their future home on North street.
From Geneva Daily Times 23 September 1896
IVES - HENDERSON
The marriage of Frederick W. Ives and Miss Martha Henderson
was solemnized at the Methodist church at 10:30 o'clock this
morning, the Rev. Chas. E. Hamilton officiating. Messrs. Fred W. Lee,
Lewis H. Barth, Frank E. Fairfax, Bert Young, Jesse W. Barker and Peter
R. Cole acted as ushers. The bride wore a dark blue dress and carried a
bouquet of white roses. The party left Geneva by the 11:33 Lehigh
Valley eastbound train.
From Geneva Daily Times 30 September 1896
JOHNSON - STIEGELMALER
A private but pretty wedding took place this morning at the residence
of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. H. Stiegelmaler on Elm street, where their
daughter, Miss Lottie, and Mr. E. B. Johnson of
Syracuse were united in marriage
at 8:30 o'clock. The bride and groom left on the 9:35 eastbound
Central-Hudson train for Syracuse, the home of the groom, where
they will take up their residence. Dr. Rankine performed the ceremony.
From Geneva Daily Times 8 October 1896
HITCHCOX - McDOUGALL
One of the prettiest home weddings that have taken place in Geneva in a
long time was celebrated yesterday afternoon at 5:30 o'clock at the
residence of Mrs. Eleanor McDougall on Washington street, where Mr.
J. H. Hitchcox and
Miss Margaret McDougall were united in marriage by the Rev. W.
W. Weller. The guests were composed of thirty or more immediate
relatives. The bride was attired in a green and black traveling
suit, and was the recipient of many presents. The happy couple left
town on the 7:10 Lehigh Valley train for a trip through the south. Mr.
Hitchcox is the station agent of the Fall Brook railway company
and has many friends who will extend their congratulations.
From Geneva Daily Times 15 October 1896
HILLOCK - RILEY
The marriage of Miss Jessie C. Riley and Mr. James Hillock
was solemnized this afternoon at the home of the bride's parents,
Mr. and Mrs. Robert S. Riley, on Genesee street, the Rev. Dr. Remick,
her pastor, officiating. The bride has been a teacher in the Geneva
public schools for some time and has many friends to extend their
congratulations. Mr. Hillock is a popular conductor on the Lehigh
Valley railroad. They will reside in Geneva.
From Geneva Daily Times 15 October 1896
FAST - McBLAIN
The marriage of Miss Grace McBlain of Geneva, and Mr.
Frederick M. Fast, of Canton, Ohio, was solemnized at the home of
the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas McBlain, Main street, at 7:30
o'clock last evening. The ceremony was performed in the presence of the
immediate friends and relatives of the family by Rev. M. L. Kellner, of
Cambridge, Mass. The house was tastefully trimmed with smilax and
roses, and decorated with palms and different colored electric lights.
The bridesmaids were Miss Louise Fast, sister of the groom, of Tiffin,
Ohio, and Miss Louise Wilkeson, of Buffalo. The maid of honor was Miss
Lillian Bissell, cousin of the bride, of Detroit, Mich. The groomsmen
were Wade Chance of New York and Charles R. Mellen of Geneva. The bride
was prettily attired in a cream satin gown with duchess lace and high
neck, and carried a bouquet of white roses, the bride of honor was
dressed in white brocade satin, and the bridesmaids wore pink.
Myering's orchestra of Rochester furnished the music and Teal of the
same city acted as caterer. After the wedding ceremony a reception was
held from 8 to 10 o'clock. The bride's presents were numerous and
valuable. A letter of regrets was received from Governor and Mrs.
of Canton, Ohio, who extended their congratulations. Among those in
were: Mr. and Mrs. Walter Sheppard, of Penn Yan; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. T.
of Baltimore, Md.; Miss Mary McBlain of Providence, R. I.; Mrs. John H.
Bissell, of Detroit, Mich.; Mr. Sidney Bissell. The groom, Mr. F. M.
is cashier in the Farmer's bank of Canton, Ohio.
REDFIELD - BARNES
A pretty home wedding took place at 5 o'clock yesterday afternoon at
the residence of Mr. and Mrs. G. W. Barnes on Cortland street. The
contracting parties were William J. Redfield and Miss
Fannie M. Barnes, both of Geneva. The bride wore a cream satin and
lace dress and carried a bouquet of white roses. The ceremony was
performed in the presence of a
large number of friends and relatives. The happy couple left town
on the 6:09 Lehigh Valley westbound train. Mr. Redfield is in the
employ of the Lehigh Valley railroad company as car inspector in
Geneva, and is a grandson of the late Ira Parker. The bride is a
granddaughter of Wm. Fordon and has many young friends.
From Geneva Daily Times 24 November 1896
CARR - DE VANEY
A pretty wedding took place at St. Francis de Sales church this
morning at 10:30 o'clock, Rev. W. A. McDonald officiating. Mr.
Frank Carr and Miss Sarah DeVaney, were united in
marriage. The bridesmaid was Miss Clara Hickey and the groomsman,
Mathew DeVaney, brother of the bride. The ushers were John Costello, of
Cayuga, Joseph Duffy, John Jones and Wm.
DeVaney, of this city. A wedding breakfast was served at the home of
the bride's parents on West avenue, immediately after the ceremony.
The happy couple left on the Black Diamond express for New York city
and other points east; upon their return to Geneva they will take up
their residence in their handsome new home on Cherry street.
McCOY - O'DONNELL
At St. Francis de Sales church by Rev. W. A. McDonald, the marriage
ceremony of Thomas McCoy and Margaret O'Donnell took
place at 9 o'clock this morning.
James Daly acted as groomsman and Ella O'DONNELL acted the part of
DRISCOLL - TUNNEY
At St. Francis de Sales church by Rev. W. A. McDonald, the marriage
ceremony of Michael Driscoll and Helen Tunney was
performed at 10 o'clock this morning. Edward Brennan acted as
groomsman, while Mary Tunney acted as
From Geneva Daily Times 2 July 1906
SKINNER - ODELL
The marriage of John Skinner and Miss Alice Odell, both
residents of the eastern part of the
town of Phelps, took place at St. Francis parsonage Friday evening,
Rev. C. F. O'Loughlin officiating.
From Geneva Daily Times 6 July 1906
CLIFTON - STEVENS
Manchester, N. Y. - A quiet wedding
took place at the home of the bride's mother, Mrs. Anna Stevens, of
this village Monday afternoon at 3 o'clock when her only daughter, Miss
Ruth Stevens, was married to Mr. Ennis Clifton
of Waterloo, the ceremony being performed by Rev. S. S. Pratt,
pastor of the Methodist Episcopal church of this village in the
presence of nearly 40 of the nearest relatives. The bride was attended
by Mrs. Lillian Stevens as matron of honor and the the groom's
best man was Erwin Stevens, a brother of the bride. After the ceremony
a bountiful wedding lunch was served. Mr. and Mrs. Clifton departed
for an eastern trip which will include Atlantic City. They will be at
home to their friends in this village where they will reside after July
From Geneva Daily Times 12 July 1906
SCHULTZ - WORLFSCHLEGEL
Naples, N. Y. - Last winter, while skating on Canandaigua lake,
Miss Katherine Worlfschlegel, an attractive young lady of 20
years, fell through thin ice into
the cold water where it was 100 feet deep. Many witnessed the accident
but none was brave enough to attempt her rescue till William
Schultz, a neighbor of the girl, came hurriedly to the spot. After
work and great risk he succeeded in extricating her just as she was
collapsing. He has his reward. Tuesday evening at the Presbyterian
manse, William Schultz and Miss Katherine Worlfschlegel, both of
Naples, were united in marriage, Rev. C. C. MacLean performing the
The brave deed of William Schultz in saving the girl's life has been
submitted to the Carnegie Hero Commission for their consideration.
From Geneva Daily Times 24 July 1906
BUCKLEY - TOOLE
A very pretty wedding took place at 8:30 o'clock this morning at St.
Stephen's Church when Miss Margaret Toole, daughter of Mr. and
Mrs. Richard Toole of 19 West Avenue, became the wife of Timothy F.
Buckley, the well-known grocer. Nuptial mass was said by the Rev.
S. V. McPadden. The bride's gown was white lawn trimmed with
valenciennes lace and chiffon. She wore a white
lingerie hat and carried a shower bouquet of bride roses. Miss Bridget
Toole, a sister of the bride, was the maid of honor and wore pink
and carried pink roses. The groom was attended by his cousin, T. J.
Buckley. After a wedding breakfast at the bride's home, Mr. and Mrs.
Buckley left amid showers of rice and confetti for a two weeks outing
at the Thousand Islands. On their return they will be at home to their
friends at No. 58 Grove street.
DI DONATO - RIZZO
Manchester, N. Y. - A swell Italian wedding and reception was
held at the home of Mr. Carmine Nuziate in this village Sunday
afternoon, the contracting parties being Mr. Dominic DiDonato and
Miss Mary Rizzo of Potenza, Italy, who arrived in this country
about a month ago, having been sent for by the groom. At the reception
held yesterday fully 500 people paid their respects to the newly
married couple, coming from Buffalo, Rochester, Canandaigua, Seneca
Falls, Geneva, Livonia and a few relatives from New
York. Two ceremonies, civil and religious, took place at Buffalo on
Saturday, an Italian councilor at Buffalo performing the civil ceremony
and Rev. Father Frances Peraini the religious, the couple being
attended by Mr. and Mrs. Carl Sanzo of this place. The civil ceremony
had to be performed according to the laws of Italy. The bride and groom
will reside in this village, where the groom is a valued employe of the
Lehigh system. An orchestra from Seneca Falls furnished fine music and
refreshments were served to all.
From Geneva Daily Times 1 August 1906
HASKINS - ROBERTS
Charles P. Haskins of this city and Miss Lottie B. Roberts of
Toronto, Canada, were quietly married this morning at 8:00 o'clock at
the Metropolitan church at Toronto. The Rev. R. S. E. Large performed
the ceremony and Mr. and Mrs. Edward Sovereign, formerly of this city
and but lately married here, acted as best man and matron of honor. Mr.
Haskins for the past two years has been employed as engraver in L. H.
Barth's jewelry store. After a trip to the Thousand Islands, Ottawa,
Montreal, Lake Champlain, Lake George and Saratoga, the home of the
groom's parents, Mr. and
Mrs. Haskins will make their home in this city.
From Geneva Daily Times 4 August 1906
FLANAGAN - CODINGTON
Miss Laura S. Codington, daughter of Charles S. Codington, and Edward
J. Flanagan were united in marriage at eight o'clock this morning
at the home of the Very Rev. W. A. McDonald, rector of St. Francis de
Sales church. Miss Harriet Herendeen and
Mr. William J. Devaney stood up with the young people. The bride wore
a neat traveling suit of blue and a white all over lace waist. Mr. and
Mrs. Flanagan left on the 8:40 train for a wedding trip after which
will reside at No. 134 William street.
From Geneva Daily Times 6 August 1906
BOISVERT - LAKE
A pretty wedding took place at St. Francis de Sales church this morning
when Miss Katherine Lake, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph
Lake, of East North street, became the bride of Leo Boisvert, of
East North Street. The ceremony was performed by Very Rev. Dean W. A.
MacDonald, in the presence of a large number of the friends and
relatives of the consenting parties. The bride was
dressed in blue and carried a shower bouquet of bridal roses. She was
attended by Miss Elizabeth McNamara. Arthur Boisvert, a brother of the
groom, acted as best man. The ushers were James Higgins and Patrick
McCarthy. The wedding march from Lohengrin was played by Professor
Chartres as the bridal couple entered the church. At noon a wedding
breakfast was served to the wedding party and the immediate relatives.
A reception will be held tonight from six to eight o'clock. After a
short wedding trip, Mr. and Mrs. Boisvert will reside in New York City.
From Geneva Daily Times 27 August 1906
SMITH - EMMETT
Waterloo, N. Y. - Miss Grace Emmett, daughter of John Emmett,
of Geneva, and Harry Smith, son of Michael Smith, of this
village, were married last evening at the Methodist parsonage, in this
place by the Rev. Melville Terwilliger, pastor
of the Methodist church. The bridal couple were attended by Frank
Smith and Miss Rose Velte. They will reside here.
From Ontario County Journal 11 February 1887
WOOD - JONES
The wedding of Mr. H. C. Wood, of Reed's Corners, and Miss
Bell Jones, of Middlesex, took place on Wednesday evening as
announced, but owing to the circumstances of the late death of Mr.
Jones, the event was of a private character. Friends extend kindest
sympathies in the bereavement, and at the same time would
offer congratulations for future happiness. To all of which we say
From Ontario County Journal 25 February 1887
FURBUSH - PIERSON
Last Saturday evening, at eight o'clock, Mr. William Furbush, of
Baldwinsville, and Miss Minnie Pierson, eldest daughter of
Edward S. Pierson, were married at the home of the bride's parents, at
Pierson's Point, on the lake shore. The wedding was a most pleasant
affair indeed. One of the interesting features was the opening of a
superb can of peaches, put up on the bride's birthday by her
great-grandmother. We understand that Mr. and Mrs. Furbush will make
future home. Mrs. Furbush has an extensive circle of warm friends in
this vicinity, whose good wishes will follow her to her new home.
From Ontario County Journal 8 April 1887
PARTRIDGE - TRIPP
Canadice, N. Y. - Jasper Partridge, of this town, and Miss
Parmelia Tripp of Cohocton, were married at the home of the bride
on Tuesday evening, March 29. Our best wishes to the
From Ontario County Journal 29 April 1887
Clifton Springs, N. Y. - Last Monday evening our enterprising
young shoe dealer, Arthur Brown, was united in marriage to Miss
Anna Haubner, of this place. He received the (noisy)
congratulations of about one hundred friends, quite late the same
evening, but quickly ended the demonstrations by the distribution of a
couple of boxes of cigars, and all returned home voting "Art" a
good fellow, and wishing him much joy and future happiness.
From Geneva Daily Times 5 September 1906
RIEGEL - JEWELL
The Methodist church auditorium was the scene of a very
pretty and impressive wedding this noon when Miss N. Maude Jewell,
daughter of Rev. and Mrs. C. E. Jewell, became the bride of Walter
O. Riegel. While the guests were being seated, Miss Adelaide Fowle
rendered Lohengrin's grand march and then Lohengrin's bridal march as
the bridal party entered the church. The procession was led by the
ushers, Leland Bennett and Arthur Carron, followed by the bridesmaid,
Miss Mae A. Walter of Auburn, on the arm of Harry S. Starkweather, of
Erie, Pa., who acted as best man, and then the bride on the groom's
arm. At the chancel rail they were met by the bride's father who
the ceremony. The bride's gown was of white messailine satin with white
chiffon applique trimmings and was en traine. She wore a tulle veil and
carried a shower bouquet of bride roses. The bridesmaid was attired in
blue messailine satin and carried Marechal Neil roses. The church was
decorated at the altar with many ferns and palms and a large arch of
with a bell suspended above the bridal pair. After the ceremony a
was held at the parsonage and a wedding breakfast was served to about
thirty of the relatives and friends. The house decorations were green
white in the parlor and dining room and pink and green in the library.
Later Mr. and Mrs. Riegel left for a ten days' trip after which they
will reside with the bride's parents at the parsonage on Main street.
The out-of-town guests were Prof. and Mrs. W. J. Young of Washington,
D. C., Mr. and Mrs. L. C. Caywood and daughters, and Mrs. J. D. Terrill
of Woodward, N. Y.; Dr. and Mrs. C. J. Jewell of Fayetteville, Mr. and
Mrs. H. B. Linslay of Auburn and George Emery of Auburn.
BYER - FRANK
About seventy-five invited guests witnessed the marriage of Miss
Ida C. Frank, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. W. M. Frank, of Lake
street, to Chauncey Avery Byer, of Auburn, this afternoon, at
five o'clock, at St. Peter's church. The ceremony was performed
by the Rev. J. B. Hubbs, D. D., rector at St. Peter's church. The
bridesmaid was Miss Charlotte Frautz, and Lynn Byer, brother of the
groom, acted as best man. The ushers were Charles Corbett and Jesse
bride was gowned in white silk mulle, princess effect, and trimmed
with Irish point lace. She carried bride roses. The bridesmaid's gown
was flowered silk mulle with valenciennes lace. She wore a white hat
and carried pink roses. After the ceremony a reception was held from
six to nine at the home of the bride's parents. After a two weeks'
Mr. and Mrs. Byer will reside in this city.
KELLEHER - O'MALLEY
A very pretty wedding took place this morning at ten o'clock at St.
Francis de Sales church when Miss Margaret E. O'Malley became
the wife of Francis E. Kelleher. The ceremony was performed
by the Rev. E. J. Dwyer, assistant rector of St. Francis de Sales
church. The bride was gowned in white silk mulle and carried white
sister, Miss Mame O'Malley, was the bridesmaid and wore blue silk mulle
and carried white roses. George Kelleher, a brother of the groom, acted
as best man. A reception was held from then until twelve o'clock at the
home of the bride's mother, No. 101 Sherrill street. Mr. and Mrs.
will reside with her mother after a short eastern trip to New York,
CLARKE - DECKER
Miss Eva M. Decker, oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred L.
Decker of Herbert street, and Elmer G. Clarke were united in
marriage this afternoon at 4:30 o'clock at their home by the bride's
uncle, Rev. E. Packwood of Waterloo. The bride was attired in white
Persian lawn and carried white carnations. She was attended by her
Miss Millicent Fetzer, of Phelps, who wore pink foulard and carried
pink and white carnations. Oscar Combs, of Vine Valley, a cousin of
the groom, acted as best man. After the ceremony a wedding breakfast
was served to the guests. After a week's trip in the west, Mr. and Mrs.
Clarke will reside with the bride's parents.
PARROTT - HUBBARD
The wedding of Miss Florence M. Hubbard, of 65 Genesee street,
and Percival J. Parrott of the Experimental Station, will take
place quietly at the home of the bride this evening.
From Geneva Daily Times 6 September 1906
WHITE - MAHONEY
John Mapes White of this city, and Miss Mary Delores
Mahoney, of Corning, were married at eight o'clock Monday evening
by Rev. G. R. F. Hallock, of the Brick church, Rochester, at his
residence in that city. Miss Stashia Palmer and Charles D. Miner stood
the young people. Until recently the groom resided in Rochester, but
on their return from a wedding trip, Mr. and Mrs. White will reside in
From Geneva Daily Times 7 September 1906
WARFIELD - WHITTAKER
Canandaigua, N. Y. - Yesterday afternoon, at Campbellford,
Ont., took place the marriage of Mr. Herbert D. Warfield of
this town, and Miss Sara Alice Whittaker, formerly of this
Mr. and Mrs. Warfield will reside in this town.
From Geneva Daily Times 8 September 1906
HOFF - WALIZER
Miss Iva May Walizer, of this city, and Clarence
Hoff of Williamsport, Pa., were married at 7:00 p.m. Monday, Sept.
3, at the bride's house of Pulteney street. Rev. M. F. J. Toewe, pastor
of the First Evangelical Lutheran church, performed the ceremony.
From Geneva Daily Times 12 September 1906
DRISCOLL - WIDMAN
Canandaigua, N. Y. - At St. Mary's Church at 10 o'clock
yesterday morning took place the marriage of Miss Julia Frances
Widman, daughter of Mrs. Mary B. Widman, to Timothy E.
Driscoll of Rochester, formerly of this place. The bride was
escorted to the altar by her uncle, J. A. Meng of Rochester and was
give away by her brother, William A. Widman of this place. The bride's
attendants were Mrs. H. William Doyle of Canandaigua, formerly Miss
Lulu Meng of Rochester, as matron
of honor; Miss Louise S. Widman of Canandaigua, sister of the bride was
maid of honor and Misses Louise M. Widman and Adele Meng of Rochester
bridesmaids. Rev. E. C. Widman of Buffalo, the bride's brother, was
of the mass, Rev. James T. Dougherty, pastor of St. Mary's was deacon
Rev. J. J. Clark, assistant pastor, sub-deacon. During the service,
Ryan of Victor sang a solo. Miss Mary O'Keefe of Rochester presided at
KEYES - GRAVES
Miss Elizabeth C. Graves, eldest daughter of S. S. Graves, and Lewis
W. Keyes, city judge, were married this morning at 11:30 o'clock at
St. Peter's Episcopal church in the presence of many friends who filled
the edifice. Rev. J. B. Hubbs, D. D., performed the ceremony after
which a luncheon was served at the home of the bride's father
on Castle street to members of the immediate families and a few
out-of-town guests. Mr. and Mrs. Keyes left at 1:10 this afternoon for
trip. The bride was gowned in a white broadcloth traveling suit and
a white hat with white plumes. She carried a white prayer book. The
decorations at the church and house were very simple. White and green
were the predominating colors and white asters and ferns the only
From Geneva Daily Times 13 September 1906
BEARDSLEY - PRESSEY
Canandaigua, N. Y. - Last evening, at the residence of
Mr. and Mrs. William J. Pressey, of Perry Place, their daughter, Miss
Zelia Pressey, was united to Charles Wayland Beardsley, by
Rev. Lewis T. Reed, pastor of the Congregational Church. The ceremony
was performed in the presence of only the relatives, and the event was
simple and unostentatious. The bride has been connected with the
of the Canandaigua Union School, and the groom is a well-known member
the Northern Central freight office force.
From Geneva Daily Times 14 September 1906
BURNS - MANEY
Seneca Castle, N. Y. - At St. Stephen's church, Geneva,
Wednesday, Miss Katherine M. Maney of Seneca Castle, became
wife of Thomas Burns. The wedding took place at eleven
Rev. Father McPadden performed the ceremony. A number of friends from
Seneca Castle and Geneva were present. The bride wore a gown of white
landsowne and carried a bouquet of white chrysanthemums. She was
by her cousin, Miss Julia Maney of Newark, who was dressed in green
and carried pink asters. The wedding march was played by Professor
of St. Francis de Sales church. Daniel Maney acted as best man and T.
Buckley and J. Maney of Geneva as ushers. After a wedding breakfast
at Seneca Castle, the happy couple left for Niagara Falls.
From Geneva Daily Times 15 September 1906
PUTNAM - JONES
Harry E. Putnam and Miss Alice Jones of Reed's
Corners, were united in matrimony Wednesday evening, at the Baptist
parsonage, by the Rev. A. H. Knight.
HART - STEELE
Mary Holmes Steele, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles
A. Steele of North street, was married this afternoon at four o'clock
to Louis J. Hart, of Waterbury, Conn. The ceremony took place
the home of the bride's uncle, James F. Eton, at his summer home at
Creek, Conn. The bride is well-known in this city. After graduating
the High school, she took a full librarian's course at Pratt Institute,
Brooklyn. During the past year she has been teaching in St. Margaret's
school at Waterbury, Conn.
From Geneva Daily Times 19 September 1906
KETTLE - BEAMISH
A very pretty wedding took place this afternoon at 2:30 o'clock when Miss
Hattie Mary Beamish, oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George H.
Beamish of No. 10 Grant Avenue, became the bride of James Garfield
Kettle. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. W. Keeney Towner,
pastor of the First Baptist church, in the presence of about forty
relatives and friends. Both of the young people are prominent in social
circles. The groom is an alumnus of Hobart college having graduated in
the class of 1904.
The bride was gowned in white organdie trimmed with valenciennes lace.
She carried bride roses. Her sister, Nettie, who was a bridesmaid, wore
pink silk mulle and carried pink carnations. Curtis Whedon acted as
man and Miss Fannie Baker played Mendelssohn's wedding march on the
The bride was given away by her father. After the ceremony a wedding
was served. The house was decorated with pink and white asters and
and the bridal couple stood under an arch of flowers from which hung a
bell. After a short western trip, Mr. and Mrs. Kettle will be at home
their friends after October 15th at No. 117 Oak street.
From Geneva Daily Times 26 September 1906
REDDY - DEVANEY
Mary Devaney and Daniel Reddy were united in marriage
this morning at nine o'clock at St. Stephen's church by the Rev. S. V.
McPadden. The young people were attended by John Reddy and Mrs.
a sister of the bride. The bride wore a blue traveling suit and a blue
The bridesmaid wore a blue suit with black hat. Mr. and Mrs. Reddy left
on the 9:15 train for a short western trip.
KENNEDY - DURKIN
Mrs. Mary Durkin and Thomas H. Kennedy were united in
marriage this morning at seven o'clock by the Rev. S. V. McPadden at
St. Stephen's church. Miss Lizzie Wyatt and Robert Wyatt, brother and
sister of the bride, stood up with the couple. Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy
left on the 9:15 train for Massidon, Ohio, where they will reside.
From Geneva Daily Times 22 September
Clifton Springs, N. Y. - A
very quiet wedding took place at the home of the bride's parents, Mr.
and Mrs. Adelbert King, on
Main street, on Wednesday last, when their youngest daughter, Miss Nettie Emma, was united in
marriage to George W. Wilson.
The ceremony was performed by their pastor, Rev. V. A. Sage, in the
presence of only the immediate relatives of the bride and groom. Mr.
and Mrs. Wilson left on an evening train for New York City and
Ridgefield, N. J. Upon their return, they will reside at No. 640 South
From Victor Herald 2 September 1893
BOYNTON - PECK
A more perfect day than Thursday could hardly be chosen of the whole
year round, and it seemed as if all nature smiled upon the happy
of the marriage of Miss Belle C. Peck, one of Victor's most
and amiable young young ladies, to Dr. Willis N. Boynton, of
Brewster, N. Y. About one hundred and fifty invitations had been issued
and a large party assembled at the cozy Peck homestead at six o'clock
in the evening. A large tent was erected adjacent to the house and
trimmed with golden
rod, corn, ferns and a profusion of seasonable flowers; the parlor and
ample porches were also tastefully decorated. At 6:30, the appointed
the bride and groom unattended, appeared in one of the porches where
were met by Rev. Chas. Boynton, of Geneseo, brother of the groom, who
the ceremony using the ritual of the Episcopal church. After the usual
congratulations the party partook of a sumptuous lunch. The bride wore
a dress of white
silk crepe trimmed with lace, the ushers were Messrs. Wayne Gallup and
C. Woodworth, Miss Florence Seavey, of New York, and Miss Draper of
Besides the friends from town there were present, Misses Terry of
Dr. A. B. Davis, Dr. John B. Palmer, Miss Seavey of New York, Mr. and
Geo. Deyo, W. C. Frederick and Bennie Cline of Rochester, Mr. and Mrs.
of Brockport, Mr. and Mrs. Green of Honeoye, Miss VanDuser of Macedon,
Green of Baltimore, Mrs. Harriett Boynton, Mr. and Mrs. L. R. Boynton,
Mary Palmer and Miss A. Boynton, of Lakeside, Rev. Chas. Boynton and
of Geneseo, Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Boynton of Baltimore. The party took the
train on the Lehigh Valley for a trip to Chicago and the west. On their
return they will reside at Brewster near New York, where Dr. Boynton
a good practice.
Return to Ontario County Homepage
Copyright © 2005, Ontario County
NYGenWeb and each contributor and author of materials herein. All
Updated 21 August 2005