J. W. Smith & Company

In 1847, John Williams Smith and S. S. Cobb opened a dry goods store in Geneva NY under the name of Cobb & Smith.  In 1849, Mr. Cobb withdrew from the business and John Smith was joined with his brother, Solomon E. Smith, in the operation of J. W. Smith & Co.  This store continued in operation til the mid-1900's. 

Return to the Ontario Co. GenWeb page

         Copyright © 2001-07, Ontario County NYGenWeb and each contributor and author of materials herein. All rights reserved.