"Ta" through "Te" Obituaries

From Ontario County Journal 21 January 1910

West Bloomfield, N. Y. -
On Saturday morning occurred the death of Caleb Taft at his home east of this village, aged 79 years. Mr. Taft was the son of Chapin and Polly Plympton Taft, and was one of the highly esteemed citizens of the town. For 18 years he had suffered from asthma, which he bore uncomplainingly. He was a member and supporter of the Congregational church. Forty-nine years ago he was united in marriage  with Miss Maria Harris and since that time had resided on the farm where he died. Besides his widow he leaves one son, George Taft, and two granddaughters of Brooklyn, and one brother, William Taft of New Rochelle. The funeral was held on Monday afternoon, Rev. Louis Wilson officiating. Interment was in Pioneer cemetery. W. T. Case, M. H. Shepard, M. L. Taft, Royal Wheelock, G. B. Ayres and Gilman Wood acted as bearers.

From Ontario County Times 4 May 1887

West Bloomfield, N. Y. - Mr. Chapin Taft
died Sunday night in the house where he has spent the last fifty years of his life, and where his son, Wm. Taft, now lives. The deceased leaves one other son, Caleb Taft. He was about 90 years of age.

From Naples Record 2 August 1873

Honeoye - The wife of Hiram L. Taft
of West Bloomfield, was stricken with paralysis on July 12th and lived but a few hours. She was a splendid woman and leaves a very large circle of mourning friends.

From Ontario County Journal 6 March 1914

West Bloomfield, N. Y. - 
On Feb. 28, occurred the death of Mrs. Myron Taft at her home southeast of this village, from pneumonia. Mrs. Taft was born in Bristol and was 67 years of age, having lived all her life in this vicinity. For several years she had been a sufferer from rheumatism and during her long illness, her beautiful Christian character was exemplified. Besides her husband, one daughter, Mrs. Gilman Wood, and one sister, Mrs. W. T. Case of Holcomb survive. The funeral was held on Wednesday and was largely attended. Rev. W. D. Robinson of East Bloomfield officiated. Interment was in Rural cemetery.

From Shortsville Enterprise 22 March 1912

Sylvenus A. Taft,
aged 70 years, who resided on the Palmer road, Hopewell, died at the Memorial hospital at Canandaigua, at 7 o'clock on Tuesday night, March 12, from the effects of injuries to his spine sustained in a fall from a wagon on January 15th. Mr. Taft was driving to his home from this village and evidently suffered a stroke of paralysis. He fell from the wagon into the road, his team going on the farm. He was unconscious when found, and had been at the hospital since that time. The survivors are his widow and three daughters, by a former marriage, Mrs. George Hollenbeck of Shortsville; Mrs. William Hollenbeck of Hopewell, and Mrs. Hattie Davey of Everett, Wash.; five grandchildren, Ethel and Chas. Hollenbeck of Shortsville; Helen Hollenbeck of Hopewell, and Ruth and Gladys Davey of Everett, Wash.; also one sister and four brothers, Mrs. Carrie Hard, Jasper and Chester Taft of Webster; Ira of Kalamazoo, Mich., and Mortimer of Lincoln, this State.

From Cohocton Index 15 February 1899

Mrs. Barbara Tague
passed away Sunday morning, after a brief illness with grip. She was one of the oldest residents of Canadice and a much loved and respected old lady. Of a large family, there are only two left, Mr. Isaac Struble of Missouri; and Mrs. Hannah Sharpsteen of Richmond. Besides the brother and sister, she leaves two daughters, Mrs. Marion Becker and Mrs. Sarah Beam, also a large circle of friends to mourn her loss.

From Ontario Repository & Messenger 8 February 1894

Joseph Tague
, one of the oldest residents of this town, died Tuesday, January 30th, and the funeral was held Tuesday. He had lived in Canadice since he was a boy and had been a member of the church over fifty years, acting as sexton nearly all that time and as one of the church trustees over thirty years. He was also postmaster for several years. He will be missed as much by the children as by older people, and he had the respect of all. A wife and two daughters, Mrs. Sarah Beam and Mrs. Marion Becker are left to mourn his death and the whole community sorrows with them. Mr. Tague was 74 years of age.

From Ontario County Journal 27 September 1912

On Tuesday morning, William Talbot, aged 55, who lived with his wife and three small children on Phelps street, was stricken with hemorrhage of the lungs on Main street near the Congregational church and died a few minutes later while being conveyed to Memorial Hospital in an automobile. Drs. H. C. Buell and F. E. McClellan, residing nearby, were quickly upon the scene, but the man was beyond restoration. He had been a sufferer from tuberculosis for some time. Rev. H. L. Gaylord officiated at the funeral services yesterday afternoon.

From Rochester Democrat & Chronicle 16 January 1900

E. H. Tallmadge
died at Phelps yesterday after a week's illness with bronchitis. He was born in 1848 and since 1867 had lived on a farm near the village, having moved into town six years ago. Mr. Tallmadge was the oldest member of Sincerity Lodge, No. 200, F. and A. M., and will receive a Masonic burial. A daughter, Mrs. M. T. King, survives.

From Ontario County Journal 28 May 1909

Mrs. Louisa West Tallmadge,
who lacked but six years of rounding out a century of life, died at Victor on Tuesday, greatly beloved in the community where most of her life had been spent. She was born in Hartford, Conn., Dec. 9. 1815, and went to Victor with her parents when three years of age. She married Josiah Tallmadge in 1837, he died in 1887, and of their five children, three survive. Mrs. Tallmadge traced the genealogy of the West family back to 1066. According to her record the first Norman king of England was her ancestor.

From Ontario County Journal 4 May 1900

Victor, N. Y. - 
The death of Stephen J. Tallmadge occurred last week Wednesday. Mr. Tallmadge was always public spirited, prominently connected with town affairs and had held many positions of trust and honor. He was also an active member of the Presbyterian church. Mr. Tallmadge was born in Williamstown, Mass., in 1818. He came to this town when but seven years of age and had since resided here. He is survived by his wife, one daughter, Mrs. Charlotte Rowley, of Joliet, Ill., and one son, Samuel Tallmadge of Albany.

From Ontario County Journal 30 March 1906

E. Burt Tallman
died on Tuesday evening at his home, south of the town, where he had lived throughout his life. He was 81 years of age and is survived by one son, Thomas B. Tallman, of this village; one daughter, Mrs. R. W. Wilson of Buffalo; two brothers, John Tallman of Alligan, Mich., and Thomas Tallman of Los Angeles, Cal. The funeral will be held this afternoon at 2 o'clock from his late residence. The interment will be made in Sand Hill cemetery. The deceased was a member of the Methodist church.

From Geneva Daily Times 27 May 1909

Mrs. Emma A. Tallman,
58 years of age, widow of the late Thomas B. Tallman, died at 7:30 o'clock this morning at the family resident in Seneca Castle. Early in the spring the deceased had typhoid fever and after she had partially recovered the disease returned, which in connection with pneumonia, caused her death. Mrs. Tallman, whose maiden name was Van Buskirk, was born in the town of Hopewell, but as a small child she came with her parents to Seneca Castle, where she has since lived. While not a member, she has been a regular attendant at the Seneca Castle Methodist church and has been noted throughout her life for her unselfishness and many little deeds of kindness. She is survived by one son, Thomas P. Tallman; one daughter, Mrs. Charles C. Runyan; one sister, Mrs. E. E. Thatcher, all of Seneca Castle, and one brother, Homer Van Buskirk of Buffalo. The funeral will take place Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock from the Methodist church. Rev. Mr. Andrews, a friend of the family will officiate, assisted by Rev. B. D. Showers, pastor of the Seneca Castle church. Burial Sand Hill Cemetery.

From Geneva Daily Times 13 January 1908

Thomas Burt Tallman,
aged 61 years, died yesterday at his home in Seneca. He is survived by one son, T. F. Tallman of Seneca Castle; one daughter, Mrs. L. C. Runyan of Seneca Castle; one sister, Mrs. R. W. Wilson of Buffalo. The funeral will take place Wednesday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock. Rev. H. I. Andrews will officiate and burial will be at Sand Hill.

From Ontario County Journal 14 January 1891

Victor, N. Y. -  Mrs. Annie Wells Talmadge,
wife of Fred Talmadge, died at her home, on Boughton Hill, on Wednesday of last week, and the funeral was held on Friday afternoon, Rev. C. N. Frost officiating. The interment was in the cemetery on Boughton Hill.

From Victor Herald 4 July 1891

C. F. Talmadge
died at his home on Boughton Hill Wednesday evening about nine o'clock, aged 33 years.  He had been in poor health for a long time, but caught cold in the early spring, and in spite of good nursing and medical attendance, he gradually failed till death came to his relief. Last winter his wife died, and a few weeks earlier he buried an infant child. Mr. Talmadge was well-known in this community. He was the grandson of the late Wm. Dickinson, who was one of the oldest residents on Boughton Hill. Mr. Talmadge was an expert accountant and frequently assisted business men in town in arranging and unraveling mixed and difficult accounts. He frequently assisted on the books of the bank here when it was in the hands of Mr. Moore, and rendered valuable assistance to the assignee when that institution failed. In 1881 he married Miss Annie M. Wells, whose death we mentioned above. They resided in Denver and afterwards in Minneapolis. On the death of his grandfather, Mr. Talmadge took charge of the farm, where he has since resided. He leaves, besides his mother and grandmother, three little children. The funeral was held at his late residence yesterday afternoon.

From Ontario County Journal 19 January 1900

Phelps, N. Y. - Eli Talmadge,
a prominent citizen of this village, died on Sunday forenoon of acute bronchitis, aged 81 years. One daughter, Mrs. Mary T. King, survives. The funeral was held from the residence on Wednesday afternoon at 1:30 o'clock, Rev. Mr. Shaw, of Port Gibson, officiating. The burial was at East Newark and was conducted with Masonic honors. The deceased had long been a member of Sincerity Lodge, F. & A. M., of this village.

From Geneva Daily Times 16 February 1946

Mrs. Frances Tandle
of Carter road died Sunday morning at Geneva General Hospital following a short illness. She was a member of the Rosary Society of St. Francis De Sales Church. She leaves her husband, Nicholas; seven daughters, Mrs. Warren Dodd, Tuscon, Ariz., Mrs. James De Yulio, Geneva, Loretta, Susan, Elizabeth Joyce, Joan, all of Geneva; three sons, Lewis, Nicholas, Jr., and Francis, all of Geneva; two sisters, Mrs. Ralph Longobardi and Mrs. Nicholas Acquiano, Geneva; one brother, Michael Teszano, Italy; two grandchildren. Final rites are scheduled for 8:30 a.m. tomorrow from her home and at 9 from St. Francis De Sales Church. Burial will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery.

Please contact Tracy DeYulio if you have an interest in this family.

From Geneva Daily Times 30 September 1925

Mrs. Lenora Tandle
, aged 54, wife of Louis Tandle, of Carter Road, died in the Geneva General Hospital shortly before 3 o'clock this afternoon, as a result of burns suffered from an explosion of kerosene in her home early this morning. Mike Tandle, 8-year-old son of the woman, was also badly burned about the hands while attempting to extinguish the fire in his mother's clothing.

Mrs. Tandle was attempting to start a fire in the kitchen range by using kerosene. She was engaged in pouring the fluid into the stove, it is believed, when it suddenly caught fire, flames bursting from the stove and igniting her clothing. She ran into an adjoining room with her son in pursuit, engaged in a frantic effort to extinguish the fire which seemed to envelop the entire upper portion of her body. The hospital ambulance was summoned immediately after the accident and Mrs. Tandle was removed to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered very severe burns about the breast, shoulders and neck. She lapsed into unconsciousness later this morning and finally succumbed this afternoon. The son was burned severely about the hands, but his injuries were dressed and he was allowed to go back to his home.

The fire spread from Mrs. Tandle's clothing to various parts of the house and for a time, it seemed to other members of the family as if the flames would spread through the entire building, but two other sons of the injured woman managed to extinguish the fire by using pails of water.

From Geneva Daily Times 1 October 1925

Funeral services for Mrs. Lenora Tandle, wife of Louis Tandle of the Carter Road, who died yesterday afternoon at the Geneva General Hospital from the effects of severe burns caused by the explosion of an oil stove, will be held Saturday morning at 8:30 o'clock from the residence and at 9 o'clock from St. Francis de Sales church. Burial will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery. Besides her husband, Mrs. Tandle leaves five sons, Nicholas, Patrick, Joseph, Peter and Michael Tandle; five daughters, Mrs. Mary Merino, Mrs. Norah Minister, Mrs. Anna Cardinal, the Misses Lena and Edith Tandle, all of Geneva; two sisters, Mrs. Santine Palozzi, Geneva, and Mrs. Jennie Farrari of Rochester; one brother, Frank Tandle of Rochester and several grandchildren.

Please contact Tracy DeYulio if you have an interest in this family.

From Geneva Daily Times 12 August 1936

Luigi Tandle
, aged 74, died last night at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Helen Dicesere, 54 Lime street, Rochester, after a long illness. Mr. Tandle was born in Italy and came to Geneva thirty-three years ago, and was an active member of the Emmanuel Society. Surviving are four sons, Nicholas, Patrick, Joseph and Peter of Geneva, and five daughters, Mrs. Marino, Mrs. John Cardinale, Mrs. John Minister of Geneva, Mrs. Discesere and Mrs. Louise (last name not legible) of Rochester. The funeral will be held Friday morning at 8:30 o'clock from the home of his son, Patrick, and 9 o'clock at St. Francis de Sales church with Solemn Requiem Mass. Interment will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery.

Please contact Tracy DeYulio if you have an interest in this family.

From Geneva Times 29 April 1971

Nicholas Tandle
, 75, of 247 Carter Road, died in Geneva General Hospital this morning after a short illness. Funeral arrangements are incomplete and will be announced by the Castelluzzo Funeral Home. Friends may call at the funeral home tonight and tomorrow afternoon and evening from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m.

Mr. Tandle was a native of Italy and a resident of Geneva for the past 63 years. He has been retired for the past 10 years. His last place of employment was Hobart College. Previously he had worked for the Lehigh Valley Railroad and the Geneva Forge. He was a World War I veteran of the U. S. Army and a member of the VFW and American Legion. He belonged to the Holy Name Society of the St. Francis de Sales Church.

He is survived by his wife, Antoinette Tandle; eight daughters, Mrs. L. M. (Eleanor) Brown of Tuscon, Ariz., Mrs. James (Mary) DeYulio of Geneva, Mrs. Frank (Loretta) Acquilano of Victor, Mrs. Salvatore (Susan) Russo of Oaks Corners, Mrs. Larry (Betty) Aquino of Geneva, Miss Joyce Tandle at home, Mrs. Salvatore (Joan) Morabito of Geneva and Miss Frances Tandle at home; three sons, Louis F. Tandle, Nicholas Tandle Jr., and Francis Tandle, all of Geneva; two step-sons, Danny Laurenza and Alex Laurenza, both of Geneva; 52 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren; one brother, Peter Tandle of Tuscon, Ariz; and several nieces and nephews.

Please contact Tracy DeYulio if you have an interest in this family.

From Geneva Gazette 19 July 1901

Mrs. Cornelius Taney
died at the family residence in East North street at 10:30 o'clock Monday night, aged 41 years. Besides a husband the deceased is survived by one daughter, four brothers and three sisters.  The funeral took place from St. Francis de Sales church yesterday morning.

From Ontario County Chronicle 24 July 1901

Rushville, N. Y. - Mrs. Cornelius Taney, of Geneva, died Tuesday, July 16. Mrs. Taney was a daughter of Mrs. William Howley, of this place. Just one month ago a brother, John Howley, died at his home here. Mrs. Taney leaves a husband, mother, three brothers, and three sisters.

From Shortsville Enterprise 28 August 1913

Farmington, N. Y. -
The death of Mrs. Joseph Tanner occurred at the family residence on Saturday morning, at one o'clock. She had been in poor health for the past three years and a great sufferer for the past four months. Beside her husband, she leave three daughters, one living at Cleveland, O.; one in British Columbia, and the third in California. The funeral services were held on Monday morning at 7 o'clock, with interment at Canandaigua.

From Geneva Daily Times 1 August 1906

Thomas Tannian, aged forty-six years, died at 3:15 o'clock this morning at the City Hospital, after a week's illness with bronchial pneumonia. The remains were taken to his home, No. 22 State street. The deceased was born in Geneva and had lived here throughout his life. He was a member of Twentieth Century Legion, No. 408, N. P. L. He is survived by one brother, Michael Tannian; and five sisters, Miss Margaret T. Tannian, Mrs. John Lydon, Mrs. William Lydon, Mrs. Daniel Kane and Mrs. Patrick Hickey, all of Geneva. Burial St. Patrick's Cemetery.

From Ontario County Journal 25 March 1881

Victor, N. Y. -
The death of Mrs. Eli Tarbell, although not entirely unexpected, was one of the saddest that has visited our community for many a day. She was the daughter of Mr. Truman Dryer, and spent the greater part of her life in this town where she was well-known and highly esteemed by everyone. She was seized less than a year ago with that fatal disease, consumption, and seemingly hurried to her death which occurred last Saturday morning. The funeral was attended from the house last Tuesday morning, a large number being present. Services were conducted by Rev. Mr. Saxe, of Rochester, assisted by Rev. Thomas Borden. Fine music was furnished by a male quartette from Rochester, of which William Brace is a member. Two of the selections "Come ye Disconsolate," and "When Shall we Meet Again," were sung by request. The burial took place at Boughton Hill cemetery. May the two little girls left to a father's care, live, to honor in their lives she who has gone so early to her rest.

From Geneva Daily Times 4 October 1907

Louis Taro
, aged 62 years, died suddenly at the cafe of J. E. Gibson, at the corner of Lake and Exchange streets about half past eight o'clock this morning. Mr. Taro, who resided at 49 Wadsworth street, entered the cafe just a few minutes before his death. He complained of pains in his stomach and went into a rear room and sat down at a table. About the same time he was heard to groan and when those about the place reached him, it was found that he had fallen back and was apparently dead. Hurried calls were sent in for Dr. C. D. McCarthy, Coroner Buchholz and Chief Kane. The physician and officials arrived at the hotel at about the same time. After an examination, Dr. McCarthy pronounced the man as being dead and gave the cause of death as due to fatty degeneration of the heart. Coroner Buchholz assisted in the examination and after it announced that a certificate of death from this cause would be granted and that no inquest would be held. The remains were removed to Mr. Taro's home in Wadsworth street. Mr. Taro has been a resident of this city since about the time that the Phillips and Clark Stove shop was located here. He came to this city from Canada and has resided here since. He was a moulder by occupation and followed his trade actively until the past couple of years. He is survived by his widow, six daughters and one son.

From Geneva Daily Times 9 October 1912

Phelps, N. Y. -  Mrs. Philip Taro,
age 27 years, died yesterday at the Beeman Hospital in Canandaigua, where she was taken last Sunday for an operation. The deceased was born at Marbletown in the town of Phelps and with the exception of a few years residence at Newark and Geneva, had always made this place her home. Surviving relatives are her husband; three children, George, Lewis and Helen of this village; and her mother, Mrs. George Hawley of Rochester. The funeral services will be held at St. Francis Catholic church Friday morning, the deceased having affiliated with that denomination during her recent illness.

From Ontario County Journal 3 May 1895

Mrs. Fannie Tate
died at the home of her son, Charles Tate, on Bristol street yesterday. She was 82 years of age.

From Rochester Democrat & Chronicle 6 October 1917

Manchester, Oct. 5 - James Tate,
70 years old, of the town of Manchester, died this morning. He was born on September 19, 1847, in Kingston, Canada, where he lived until 1870, when he came to Macedon. Thirty-four years ago he purchased the farm just outside Manchester village, and had lived there ever since. In 1873, he was married to Miss Elizabeth E. Smith of Manchester, who survives him. He was a member of the Manchester Baptist Church, and of the Palmyra Lodge of Masons. He leaves his wife, one son, Joseph Tate of Manchester; ten grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Funeral will be held at 2 o'clock Sunday afternoon from his late home, Rev. Walter D. St. John officiating. Burial will be in Brookside cemetery. Burial service will be conducted by Palmyra Lodge of Masons.

From Geneva Daily Times 24 February 1905

Canandaigua, N. Y. - Mrs. Mary F. Tate,
widow of William Tate, who has been ill for some time of pneumonia, died yesterday, aged about fifty-nine years. She is survived by two daughters, Miss Jane Tate of Canandaigua, and Mrs. J. H. Jager of Rochester, and one son, Fred Tate, of this village. The funeral is to be held from the late home Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock.

From Ontario County Chronicle 24 August 1904

Mrs. Sarah M. Tate,
widow of Stephen Tate and formerly of this place, died at the home of her son, James Tate, in Washington, August 17. The remains were brought here Sunday noon and interment was in the West Avenue Cemetery. Mrs. Tate was aged 67 years and is survived by three sons, Stephen of this place, George of Buffalo and James of Washington with whom she made her home.

From Ontario County Chronicle 11 February 1903

Tuesday of last week at the Soldiers' Home at Bath occurred the death of William Tate, a veteran of the War of the Rebellion and a well-known resident of Canandaigua. He was aged 64 years. Deceased was a member of the old 126th New York Volunteer Infantry, which stood high in the war records of Ontario County. Survivors are the widow, two daughters, Mrs. Georgia Jager of Rochester, and Mrs. Alexander Rockwood of Canandaigua; a son, Fred Tate, of Canandaigua, and two brothers, Charles Tate of New York City, and James Tate of Canandaigua; and one sister, Miss Frances Tate of Canandaigua. The funeral was held from the home of his sister, Miss Tate, in Bristol street Friday afternoon, and was attended by members of Albert M. Murray Post, G. A. R., of which the deceased was a member.

From Shortsville Enterprise 17 December 1909

The death of N. Hinkley Tay, one of the oldest residents of this village, occurred at his home in West Main street at 10 o'clock on Friday evening last. Death was due to old age, the deceased being 87 years old. Mr. Tay had been a resident of Shortsville for about 15 years, having purchased the Deming property during the year of 1894. He was born in Concord, N. H., on October 10, 1822, and was a son of the late Johnson and Sarah Tay. At the age of two years he removed with his parents to Walworth, Wayne county, and when 17 years old moved to Farmington where he lived until his removal to this village. He had been married twice, the first time to Miss Mary Lapham of Farmington, in 1850, her death occurring in 1864. In 1872 he was united in marriage to Miss Sarah E. Johnson, also of Farmington, who survives him. He was a member of the Orthodox Friends church in Farmington and was a regular attendant at all of the services held in that edifice. He had been a very successful farmer during his resident in that township, and for a period of twenty-three years held the position of Overseer of the Poor of the town of Farmington. The deceased is survived by his wife, two daughters, Mrs. Mary E. Burns of Los Angeles, Cal., and Miss Harriet Tay, of this village, and one son, Walter Tay of Farmington. The funeral services were held from his late home on Monday afternoon at 10 o'clock and were conducted by Rev. D. H. MacKenzie. The burial was made in Brookside Cemetery.

From Fairport Herald  2 January 1941

Mrs. Walter Tay
passed away Saturday, Dec. 21, 1940, at her home. Besides her husband, she leaves four daughters, Mrs. Ervin Franz, Mrs. Avery VanOrden, Mrs. Vernyl McBride, all of Rochester, Mrs. Earl Maxwell of Macedon; two sons, Howard of this place, and Stanley of Pontiac, Mich.; and 12 grandchildren. Funeral services were held at the home Tuesday afternoon, Rev. L. L. Swarthout, pastor of the Baptist church of Manchester, officiating. Burial was made in South Farmington cemetery.

From Geneva Gazette 23 May 1810

in Gorham, the 17th inst. after a lingering illness, Mrs. Sarah Tayler, consort of Mr. Erastus Tayler, aged 25 years.  A tender husband, with three small daughters, are left to lament her departure.

From Ontario County Journal 1 November 1889

Bristol, N. Y. -
The sudden death of Alice Taylor was a shock to every one and much sympathy is felt for the bereaved parents. The funeral service were held Sunday, Oct. 27th, at Baptist Hill, the Rev. E. B. Barber officiating.

From Geneva Courier 5 March 1873

Obituary - Mrs. Ann Taylor, wife of Wm. Taylor of this village, died on Friday morning last, very suddenly.  She was an old lady being about 80 years of age and had been in her usual good health so as to be out of doors the day before.  About 2 o'clock a.m. she woke her husband and told him she was in great pain.  He went after a physician and reached home just in time to see her breathe her last. Mrs. Taylor was born in England, had been married about 36 years, was an old resident of Geneva, having lived here upwards of forty years.  For over fifty years she has been connected with the Methodist church in this country and in England and had been an earnest and consistent member.  She had the esteem and respect of all who knew her.

From Ontario County Journal 18 March 1898

Rushville, N. Y. - Benjamin Taylor
died at the residence of his son-in-law, Henry M. Smith, with whom he lived, Thursday, March 10, aged about 84 years. He was an old resident and highly esteemed. He had been in failing health for a long time. His daughter, Mrs. Gates, from Syracuse, was here at the last. A third daughter, Mrs. Warren, lives in Canandaigua. Two sons reside here and one in the west. The funeral services were conducted at the house on Saturday by Rev. E. A. Baldwin.

From Batavia Daily News 6 January 1922

Chauncey O. Taylor,
aged 82 years, shot himself through the head with a .32 caliber revolver as he lay on a couch at his home in Vincent, Bristol town.

From Ontario County Journal 17 October 1890

Died, Chester W. Taylor, at the residence of his son, L. A. Taylor, at Miller's Corners. Deceased was born in Connecticut, June 1, 1812, and at the time of his death he was the last remaining member of a family of four daughters and three sons. He leaves to mourn his loss one daughter, Mary Jane, and three sons, Loren A., Clinton E., and Alfred L. Taylor. The funeral services were held at the home of his son, Loren A., Sunday, Oct. 12, R. M. Connal, pastor of the M. E. church at Miller's Corners, officiating.

From Ontario County Journal 13 October 1882

Mrs. O. B. Baker led the singing at Mrs. Chester Taylor's funeral last Thursday. Mr. Skeele, of East Bloomfield, read a few scripture lessons and made a prayer at her late residence at Miller's Corners. She was buried in the cemetery at Miller's Corners. She was in feeble health for a long time and was a great sufferer. She leaves a husband, three sons and a host of friends to mourn her loss.

From Geneva Daily Times 3 February 1938

E. Adelbert Taylor,
50, formerly of Geneva, died at his home in Vesper, N. Y., yesterday after a short illness. He leaves his widow, Mrs. Georgia Taylor; three sons, William, Ralph and Scott D. Taylor; two sisters, Mrs. Scott Graves of Geneva and Mrs Minnie Mauer of Waterloo. The body will be brought to Geneva and funeral announcements made later.

From Geneva Daily Times 11 February 1915

Gorham, N. Y. -
The death of Mrs. Elizabeth Taylor, widow of the late Levi Taylor, took place Monday night in the Memorial Hospital at Canandaigua, where she was taken for treatment about two weeks previous to her death. The deceased was over eighty years of age and had been in poor health for some time. She is survived by two sisters, Mrs. Means, of Stanley and Miss Mary Kerr of Minneapolis, Minn; also, one step-son, James Taylor and two step-daughters, Mrs. Charles Gardner and Mrs. William Phillips, all of Gorham, besides several nieces and nephews. The remains were brought to the home of her niece, Mrs. Agnes Hall, at Stanley, where the funeral was held at two o'clock this afternoon, with burial at No. 9 Cemetery in Seneca.

From The Naples Record, April 17, 1935, Page 2

Glancing Backward - Doings in Naples and Vicinity Thirty-Eight Years Ago; We glean the following from the files of The Naples Record of April 21, 1897:

Died, in Honeoye, April 13, 1897, Mrs. Emma L. Taylor, aged 75 years.

From Ontario County Journal 16 April 1897

East Bloomfield, N. Y. - 
The citizens of Bloomfield and vicinity were greatly shocked to learn of the sudden death of Mrs. Emma Brown Taylor, which occurred on Tuesday morning at ten o'clock. Mrs. Taylor had not complained of feeling unwell and arose in her usual spirits on Tuesday morning. About 9 o'clock she sat down to eat her breakfast. She complained of a pain in the side of her face, and called her daughter, Mrs. Bouglass, to assist her on to the couch. Coroner B. S. Partridge and Dr. S. R. Wheeler were immediately summoned but could do nothing to save the unfortunate woman, who died in about 20 minutes. Mrs. Taylor was a person of brilliant mind and was well-known throughout the town and county, but it was in literature that she was probably best known. At one time she wrote extensively on the temperance question and often contributed many papers that were read in meetings. She was also greatly interested in charitable work and had done much good among the poor and needy as well as at the ladies' home and foreign missionary societies. Mrs. Taylor was born in Prattsburg, Steuben county, in 1822, but the most of her childhood days were spent in Bristol. In 1845 she was united in marriage to John W. Taylor, and to them were born three children: Dr. James B. Taylor, deceased, of San Antonio, Texas; Mrs. Addie Higginbotham, deceased, of this place; and Col. John W. Taylor who resides in Chicago. She also leaves a stepdaughter, Mrs. Barton Bouglass, of this place. The funeral services will be held this afternoon at 3 o'clock, and will be conducted by the Rev. M. Luther Stimson, pastor of the Congregational church.

From Geneva Gazette 16 June 1899

Mr. George Taylor -
The well-known baker of Exchange street died yesterday morning after a long and painful illness. He is survived by a widow and one daughter, Mrs. P. R. Kirk, whose husband was associated in business with her father.  The deceased was in all respects an exemplary citizen, a devout and active member of the M. E. church, fulfilling in every way his duties as a citizen and Christian.  He was aged 69 years, and had been confined to his house (on Castle street) since January last.  His funeral is appointed for Sunday afternoon with appropriate services at the M. E. church.

From Phelps Citizen 1 May 1919

George Taylor,
who resided one mile east of Oaks Corners, died at the family home on Friday morning, aged 78 years. Mr. Taylor had lived in this community the greater part of his life. He is survived by his wife, Caroline Avery Taylor; and five sons and one daughter, William F., David and Albert Taylor, and Mrs. George Wood, all of Phelps, and Thomas and George Taylor of Charlotte, Mich. The funeral was held at the home on Tuesday afternoon, the Rev J. B. Felt of Oaks Corners Presbyterian church officiating, and burial was in the Salisbury cemetery, south of Oaks Corners.

From Rochester Democrat & Chronicle 16 Jan 1917

Phelps, N. Y., Jan. 15 - Mrs. George Taylor
died suddenly of heart disease early this morning at her home in Walnut street, aged 62 years. She had been in poor health for several weeks. Mrs. Taylor was born in Phelps, the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Walter Knapp and had spent her entire life in this community. She leaves her husband and two sons by a former marriage, Harlow Schemerhorn of Phelps, and Lewis Schemerhorn of Toledo, O. The funeral will take place on Thursday afternoon. Rev. W. H. York, pastor of the Methodist Episcopal church, officiating. Burial will be made at Rest Haven.

From Shortsville Enterprise 8 January 1909

Mrs. Henry R. Taylor
of Hopewell died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Stillman, at Brookfield, on Saturday morning, death resulting from pneumonia after a few days illness.  Mr. and Mrs. Taylor had gone to Brookfield for a visit with their daughter shortly after Thanksgiving. She was about 74 years of age. The remains were brought to her late home in Hopewell on Sunday. The funeral was held from the house on Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. W. W. Weller of Geneva officiating. The interment was in the cemetery at Clifton Springs. Besides her husband, she leaves to mourn their loss two daughters, Mrs. Stillman of Brookfield and Miss Marie Taylor of Hopewell; and two sons, Harry Taylor of Geneva, and J. Worth Taylor of Hopewell.

From Geneva Daily Times 30 November 1909

Shortsville, N. Y. -
The funeral services of the late Henry R. Taylor will be held from the residence of the family in Hopewell, three miles from this village, at 2 p.m. today. Mr. Taylor has been a prominent member and official of the Presbyterian church for the past thirty years and until within a couple of years he had been able to attend services during that time. Since his wife died he had gradually failed until the end came last Saturday. Four children survive him: Harry Taylor of Geneva, Mrs. Barton Stillman of New York and Miss Mary Taylor of Hopewell. Rev. Donald McKenzie will officiate.

From Ontario County Journal 21 December 1888

On Monday last at noon, Hon. Henry W. Taylor, one of the oldest and most universally respected and admired citizens of Ontario county died at his home in this village of pneumonia after only a week's illness. Judge Taylor was of puritan ancestry and was born in Deerfield, Mass., in 1796. He was educated at Yale College, graduating in 1816. In 1829 his alma mater conferred upon him the degree of A. M., and in 1869 the same institution honored him with the degree of LLD. In 1820 he was admitted to the bar and began the practice of his profession at the Canandaigua bar, which then included Postmaster General Francis Granger, John C. Spencer, Alvah Worden and Mark H. Sibley. In 1836 he was elected to the assembly and was reelected in '37, '38 and '39. In 1840 he removed to Marshall, Mich., and afterward served in the legislature of that state. He returned to Canandaigua in 1848, and in 1850 he was appointed Justice of the Supreme Court and ex officio member of the Court of Appeals. In politics he was first a Whig and then a Republican. He assisted in the nomination of Harrison and Tyler in the Whig convention of 1840, and his last vote was cast for the grandson of old Tippecanoe in November. In his religious life he exemplified the christian graces of his Puritan ancestry. He was ever active, consistent, and devout in the service of God. He was for over 50 years a deacon of the First Congregational church in this village, and in 1846 he was made a corporate member of the American Board for Foreign Missions. In 1832 he married Martha C. Masters, daughter of Thomas Masters, one of the old shipping merchants of New York city. At the time of his death, Judge Taylor was in years the oldest graduate of Yale College, the oldest living representative of the New York bar, and enjoyed the distinction of having lived under every president of the United States.

From Ontario Republican Times 2 October 1861

Mr. James Taylor, one of the employees in the County Clerk's Office in this place, was killed on Wednesday afternoon of last week, by the train of cars going west on the N. Y. Central Rail Road, about 4 o'clock. The accident occurred near Shortsville. It appears that the deceased was sitting or lying upon the track, and it is supposed that he was asleep and did not hear the cars, although the whistle was sounded as soon as he was observed by the Engineer. Mr. Taylor had been in the Clerk's Office most of the time for several years. He was unfortunately addicted to the habits of intemperance, and probably was intoxicated at the time of his death. When sober, he was a quiet, well-behaved man, and much esteemed by all who knew him.

From Geneva Daily Times 28 August 1895

James Taylor,
of 207 Pulteney street, an aged and respected citizen, was found dead in bed at 6 o'clock this morning. Mr. Taylor had been suffering from a stroke of paralysis received a short time ago. His son, S. H., was with him at 1 a.m. and remained awake until 2 o'clock. It was between the hours of 2 and 6 that Mr. Taylor passed away. He was 77 years of age and leaves a widow and five grown children. They are S. H. Taylor and Mrs. Elmer Spald of this place, Mrs. George Bush of Waterloo, James of Rochester and Joseph of New York City. Coroner Wright was notified of Mr. Taylor's sudden death, but did not deem an inquest necessary. Arrangements for the funeral have not been made at this writing.

From Phelps Citizen 19 April 1923

Mrs. James Taylor,
formerly of Phelps, died at her home in Stratford, Conn., last Monday. The body was brought to Phelps yesterday and the funeral will be held from the home of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Severance this afternoon at two o'clock, and interment will be in Rest Haven cemetery. Surviving relatives are a daughter, Mrs. Frank Conine of Stratford, Conn.; and nine grandchildren, among them being Arthur Taylor and Mrs. Ray Squires of Clifton Springs.

From Geneva Courier 25 June 1884

Mrs. Jane Taylor
died on Saturday evening last, aged eighty-one years and four months.  The funeral took place yesterday afternoon from her late home, at the residence of her son, J. B. Taylor, in the town of Geneva, and was very largely attended.  Rev. Dr. Goldsmith, pastor of the Presbyterian church Bellona, officiated.  Mrs. Taylor was a member of the Presbyterian church of  Bellona for many years.  She had been ill for some time, and about four years ago she had a slight shock paralysis.  Mrs. Taylor was an excellent woman and was highly esteemed in the community where she had lived so many years.  She leaves four sons and one daughter to mourn the loss of a good mother.  One son resides in California, another in Dakota; the daughter is a resident of Michigan, and the two sons, J. R. and G. W. Taylor, are residents of the town of Geneva.

From Ontario County Journal 7 December 1894

Shortsville, N. Y. -
The death of Jerome Taylor occurred at his home in this village on Thanksgiving morning. He had been troubled with heart disease for a long time, and this, with brain fever, was the cause of his death. Brief services were held at the house on Monday morning by Rev. Mr. Lester, pastor of the Presbyterian church, and the remains were taken to East Newark for interment. He leaves a wife, two sons and one daughter.

From Geneva Daily Times 20 January 1898

The funeral of John Taylor took place this afternoon at 3 o'clock, from the late residence of the deceased in Jay Street. Interment was in Glenwood cemetery. Mr. Taylor's death occurred late Sunday night. On the previous Tuesday he was stricken with apoplexy. He never rallied from the stroke. John Taylor was born in England 79 years ago, but came to this country some years ago, and took up residence in Geneva. He had a large circle of acquaintances here. The services this afternoon were in charge of Rev. W. W. Weller, of the First Presbyterian church.

From Ontario County Journal 4 October 1895

Sunday morning, after a brief illness, occurred the death of Mrs. Katherine Taylor, wife of John A. Taylor, roadmaster of the Auburn branch of the Central-Hudson. Mrs. Taylor leaves besides her husband, three sons. Deceased was a member of the L. C. B. A. of this village, in which organization her demise will be greatly lamented. Mrs. Taylor was 32 years of age, and carried an insurance of $1000 in the organization above mentioned. The funeral services were held Tuesday morning at St. Mary's church and were attended by members of the L. C. B. A. in a body.

From Ontario County Journal 12 November 1909

Gorham, N. Y. -
The death of Levi Taylor, a well-to-do farmer, occurred at his home near this village, on Monday night, at the advanced age of 93 years. For over 50 years the deceased had been a resident here, and was held in high esteem by all who knew him. The funeral services were held from the residence on Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock, the Rev. Dr. McCall, pastor of the Presbyterian church of Gorham, officiating. He is survived by his wife, one son, James, and two daughters, Mrs. Gardner of Gorham and Mrs. Phillips of Niagara county.

From Geneva Daily Times 27 May 1912

Rushville, N. Y. - Manlius Taylor,
a lifelong resident of this village, died suddenly Saturday morning of heart trouble. Although he had been ill for several weeks, he had been about the house and was on the street Friday. His wife was awakened by his peculiar breathing, and before assistance could be summoned, he was gone. He was 76 years of age.

From Geneva Daily Times 27 September 1910

Mrs. Margaret Taylor,
aged 63 years, died this morning at the home of her sister, Mrs. James Armstrong, on the Lake Road. She is survived by two sons, Walter M. and Wallace G. Taylor of this city; three brothers, Edward Pendle of Utica, and Arthur and Charles Pendle of Geneva; two sisters, Mrs. James Armstrong and Miss Emma Pendle of this city. The funeral will take place Thursday afternoon at 2:30 from the house. Rev. W. K. Towner will officiate and burial will be in Glenwood cemetery.

From Ontario County Journal 8 March 1901

Bristol, N. Y. -  Maria Smith Vincent,
wife of Chauncey O. Taylor, died on Saturday morning, aged 64 years. The funeral services were held from her home in Vincent on Wednesday afternoon at 1 o'clock, and at the church at Bristol Center at 2 o'clock. Mrs. Taylor, though somewhat of an invalid her whole life, had been in unusually good health for the past few years and at the last was only ill a few days with the grip. She was a descendant of Rev. John Smith, who, tradition says, was a son of Captain John Smith of Pocahontas fame. Her grandfather, Benjamin B. Smith, was ordained a minister of the Congregational church by Rev. Lyman Beecher, father of Henry Ward Beecher. Her father was Dr. Thomas Vincent, the first practicing physician in Bristol and one of the first in the county. Mrs. Taylor was of a refined and amiable disposition and will be greatly missed by a host of friends. Besides her husband, she leaves a daughter, Mrs. Henry W. Sears of Bristol.

From Geneva Daily Times 24 April 1908

Mrs. Nancy Taylor,
aged 52, died Wednesday night at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Samuel Pierce, of Union street. The body was taken to Ovid this morning and the funeral service took place this afternoon at one o'clock. Burial was at Ovid.

From Ontario County Journal 16 August 1907

Bristol Center, N. Y. - Mrs. Olive Sheldon Taylor,
widow of Joiner Taylor, died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Eliza Porter, on Saturday night, aged 85 years. Mrs. Taylor had retained her faculties to a marvelous degree and throughout her life had been such a woman of strong personality, out of which had been wrought a strong, sterling character. She was a lifelong of the town of Bristol. Her father was Chauncey Sheldon, who resided on the farm now owned by John Case. She was educated at the Ontario Female Seminary. She lived to see four generations of descendants. Besides her daughter, she leaves two sons, Chauncey and Daniel Taylor of Vincent; one brother, Chauncey Sheldon, of Shortsville; and one sister, Mrs. John Curtis of Cheshire. The funeral was held on Monday afternoon, Rev. William Walton officiating. The interment was in Bristol Center cemetery. Mrs. Effie Peneer and son of Auburn; Mrs. Fred Wood of Rochester; Mrs. Belle Gregory of Dundee; Mr. and Mrs. James M. Porter of Canandaigua; Mr. and Mrs. Albert Porter of Penn Yan; Chauncey Sheldon of Shortsville and Mrs. John Curtis of Cheshire, attended the funeral.

From Ontario County Chronicle 3 April 1901

Manchester, N. Y. - Mrs. Permelia Taylor, widow of the late Thomas H. Taylor, died at her home in this village on Saturday morning, aged 75 years. The funeral will be held at the house on Tuesday, and it is expected that Rev. M. W. Covell will officiate.

From Ontario County Times 22 July 1885

Port Gibson, N. Y. - Peter Taylor
died July 12 at the residence of his son south of the village, at the advanced age of 85. He was one of the oldest members of the M. E. church.

From Geneva Daily Times 24 May 1907

The funeral of Mrs. Rachel Taylor was held this afternoon at three o'clock from the family residence, No. 87 Optical avenue. Rev. W. W. Weller officiated and interment was made in Glenwood Cemetery.

From Ontario County Times 15 October 1890

East Bloomfield, N. Y. - 
The funeral of Mrs. Sarah A. Taylor was from the house of Mr. E. L. Beebe, this afternoon, the 13th inst. She was the daughter of Rev. Mr. Steele, one of the first pastors of this Congregational church, and died at her son's in Wilmington, Delaware. But a few months since her son, Willie, was buried from the same house. She leaves one son and a daughter, Bessie, who is now in Europe.

From Geneva Daily Times 18 February 1918

Mrs. Spencer Taylor,
aged 50 years, died this morning at 5 o'clock at her home on the Lyons Road. Besides her husband, she leaves two children, Mrs. David Taylor of Phelps and Flobert Taylor at home. Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 1 o'clock at the residence, Rev. Kenneth A. Bray of St. Peter's Church officiating. Interment will be in Joslyn Cemetery at Oaks Corners.

From Ontario County Times 1 September 1886

Rushville, N. Y. -
Died, at his home in Gorham, Aug. 25th, Thomas Taylor, aged 63 years. Funeral services were held from the M. E. church in this place Aug. 27th. His remains were taken to Gorham for interment.

From Ontario County Chronicle 2 January 1901

Manchester, N. Y. - Thomas H. Taylor, one of the oldest residents of this town, died at his home in this village, on Christmas morning, aged nearly 85 years.  Mr. Taylor was born in the British army, his father being a surgeon attached to a company of Highlanders stationed in the northern part of Scotland in the year 1816. At the age of eight years, Mr. Taylor joined the army as drummer boy, remaining with the regiment nearly three years. At the age of 11 years, he came to this country locating at Albany, afterwards removing to Wayne County, and from there to this place, where he has resided since. When the War of the Rebellion broke out he enlisted in the 8th New York Cavalry, remaining throughout the war, winning laurels for himself and company on many occasions. Mr. Taylor is survived by a wife and three daughters, Mrs. Albert Whitney of Farmington, Mrs. J. C. Burns and Mrs. Luther Walters, of this place. The funeral was held at the house Thursday morning at 11 o'clock, Rev. W. M. Covell officiating; remains interred in Brookside Cemetery.

From Geneva Gazette 31 July 1885

Death of William Taylor -  Last Tuesday morning about seven o'clock, WILLIAM TAYLOR, an old resident of Geneva, died at the home of his son, George, on Castle street, at the advanced age of 89 years, 4 months and 20 days.  Mr. Taylor had not been ill, but the machinery of life had worn out; his days were numbered, and he passed away peacefully and quietly to that bourne from which no traveler returns.

Mr. Taylor was a native of Yarmouth, Norfolk County, England, where he married Miss Mary Becket, their union being blessed by six children, four of whom are now living -- David E. of Penn Yan, George of Geneva, Mrs. Tiffany of Iowa, and Mrs. Watts of Texas.  In 1835 he came to this country with his family and settled at once in Geneva, where he has resided all the time with the exception of one or two years that he lived in Phelps.  That same year his wife died, and in 1840 he married Mrs. Ann Smith, and she too died about 1879.  Soon afterwards he married Mrs. Amos Fleming, but she lived only a short time.  Mr. Taylor was a wagon-maker by trade, and he followed this occupation until about the year 1870 when he retired.  He joined the Methodist Church in England when he was only sixteen years old, and was for a number of years a Methodist exhorter.  He joined the Geneva Methodist Church upon his arrival here in 1836, and has always been a faithful and consistent Christian.  Of this church he was successively a trustee, steward and class-leader, and was much revered and respected by all who knew him.  The funeral services were held yesterday afternoon at the house at half-past two o'clock, and at the Reformed Dutch Church at three o'clock, the Rev. T. M. House officiating.

From Rochester Democrat & Chronicle 18 February 1896

Rev. William Taylor,
pastor of the Naples-Italy Free Will Baptist church, was buried in the cemetery connected with that church on Sunday. Mr. Taylor was born in Canada about seventy-four years ago, but for the last score of years had been working in Western New York. He was an active promoter of Keuka College and succeeded in raising in $50,000 for the building of that institution. He leaves a wife and ten children, none of whom resided at his home.

From Geneva Gazette 28 October 1898

Mr. James Teall
died at his residence near Flint Creek, on the 19th inst., aged 82 years.  The deceased was born near the old outlet of Seneca Lake.  His father, Capt. Ansel Teall, was a brave officer in the Revolutionary war, and lived to the age of 90 years and upwards.  The son, recently deceased, resided in and near Geneva all his life.  For a long time he was engaged in the manufacture of brick near the Teall tavern and engaged in farming at the same time.  He was the oldest surviving patron of the GAZETTE, having been entered on our books January 1, 1845.  He leaves two sons, Alderman Fred W. Teall of Sparta, Wis., and E. S. Teall residing on the homestead.

From Geneva Advertiser 13 January 1903

Mrs. James Teall
died at her home near Seneca Castle last Friday afternoon, January 9th, aged 79 years. She was a sister of the late Thos. Alsop, and leaves two sons, Edward S. of Seneca Castle and Fred E. of Sparta, Wis. A sister is living in Rochester, Mrs. Mary Teall, aged 83 years. The funeral occurred yesterday afternoon with interment in Washington street cemetery. Mrs. Teall was a well-posted woman on early events in Geneva, and could relate many interesting incidents.

From Ontario Republican Times 30 April 1862

Mr. Nathan Teall,
who enlisted in Capt. W. O. Smalley's company in this place last fall, and was badly injured in Washington, soon after he arrived there by being thrown from a wagon, was brought home to Castleton on Saturday last (19th inst.) and died on Sunday. The poor fellow suffered enough to have killed a score of men, and only lived but a few hours after arriving at the residence of his parents. Teall, like a true patriot, enlisted when his country called for his services, but the sad accident prevented him from rendering the service which he otherwise would have been capable of doing. Geneva Courier

From Ontario County Journal 20 June 1919

The death of Mrs. Eleanor A. Teece, of West Avenue, occurred at Menteth's Point, west lake shore, on Tuesday, following a long illness. She leaves her husband and five daughters and one son, Mary J. and Maude E. Teece and Mrs. Gordon Foster of Canandaigua, Mrs. Minnie Robson of Middleton, Pa., Mrs. Louis G. Bunnell of Cheshire and James H. Teece of Gorham; also one brother, George Watkins of Bath. Funeral services were held at the Gorham Presbyterian church yesterday. Interment was in Gorham.

From Geneva Daily Times 19 December 1908

Mrs. Elizabeth Tegg,
aged 85 years, died this morning at the Willard State Hospital. The remains were taken to the home of her granddaughter, Mrs. William P. Jones, in Seneca Castle. One daughter, Mrs. Elizabeth Coston, of Rochester, survives. The funeral will take place Monday afternoon at 1:30 o'clock from the home of Mrs. Jones in Seneca Castle. Rev. B. D. Schell will officiate and burial will be at Sand Hill.

From Ontario County Chronicle 29 July 1903

Francis Telford,
aged 66 years, a prominent residence of Halls Corners, died at his home Friday evening as the result of injuries sustained in a runaway accident. Mr. Telford, while driving alone, was thrown from his wagon and sustained a broken collar bone and three broken ribs. One of the broken ribs punctured the lungs and was immediate cause of death. Mr. Telford was a lifelong residence of Halls Corners and was greatly respected. He was a prominent member of the Seneca Presbyterian church. Besides his widow he leaves two brothers, Thomas Telford of  California and Jacob Telford, Tennessee. A niece and a nephew, Charles Bills and Miss Sarah Bills, both of Halls Corners survive. The funeral was held at the house Sunday afternoon at 12:30 o'clock. Rev. A. B. Temple officiated and burial was in Number Nine cemetery.

From Geneva Courier 15 March 1882

Died at Seneca, Ontario county, Feb. 22nd, 1882, Sarah Telford , aged 90 years, was born in the county of Northumberland, England, August 8th, 1791, and came to this country with her parents, Robert and Jane Watson, and four brothers, in the summer of 1801.  The family spent their first night in Seneca, at the farm now owned by J. Wilson Reed, on her tenth birthday,  ,Aug. 8th was taken up to the centre farm then occupied by Zacharia Garbut and Foster Sinclare, the next day in an ox cart.  Her father immediately settled on a wild lot getting up a log house that fall.  For several years she used to go to Geneva, eight miles away on foot, carrying a little butter and a few eggs to exchange for tea, spices, etc., taking with her a little bread and cheese leaving it hid when about half way there, near a spring, to eat on her way back.

She united with the Baptist church in Benton, June 23rd 1811, of which she remained an exemplary member until her death (71 years).  She was united in marriage to George Telford October 8th, 1816; he was one of the defenders of Fort George, Lake Champlain, in the war of 1812, by virtue of which patriotic service, she has for years enjoyed a pension.  They raised a family of eight children, seven sons and one daughter; her husband died in August 1864.  The oldest son, James, enlisted in an independent cavalry company, (Merrets Horse) raised at Battle Creek, Mich., died at Little Rock, Arkansas, August 1864, leaving two daughters, one a resident of Cleveland, the other near Battle Creek, Mich. The seven children now living are widely separated by clime and distance.  One son is a resident of Arizona, another of southern California, another of Colorado, another of north-western Pennsylvania, another of Rochester, and one only remains on the old homestead; the daughter resides on an adjoining farm.

From Ontario County Journal 13 April 1877

Mr. George Telhurst,
a farmer living near Oaks' Corners, fell from the loft in his barn last Friday and received injuries from which he died on Monday.  He was nearly sixty years of age.

From Canandaigua Chronicle 31 January 1906

Shortsville, N. Y. - 
On Saturday morning the funeral of Frank Telink, a well-known farmer of the town of Manchester, was held from St. Felix Roman Catholic church in Clifton Springs, the Rev. Father Henry officiating and interment followed in the Clifton Springs cemetery. Mr. Telink, who was 57 years of age, died suddenly at his home near Port Gibson after a brief illness of pneumonia and his death was a great shock to the whole community in which he lived. He is survived by his wife.

From Ontario County Journal 8 March 1895

After a lingering illness, Mrs. Clara A. Tellier, wife of Editor John S. Tellier, of the Naples Record, died on Monday. She had been a sufferer from consumption and her death was not altogether unexpected. Mr. and Mrs. Tellier were residents of this village from 1884 to 1887, where Mrs. Tellier created many lasting friendships. She was nearly 36 years of age, and beside her husband, leaves two sons, Howard, aged seven, and Lawrence, aged four years.

From Ontario County Journal 4 January 1889

Bristol Springs, N. Y. - Dr. William Templar, our old town physician, died at his home in South Bristol yesterday morning, Dec. 31st, having suffered a severe paralytic stroke a few days before. This was his third shock of paralysis and it was evident from the first that he could not long survive so complete a shock as the last. The Dr. has been a patient, industrious man, and we think of no individual in the town whose loss would be more severely felt. He had practiced his profession in this town for a period of nearly thirty years without interruption except on account of sickness, and we believe that he always did his very best in a very modest way.

From Naples Record 21 March 1894

We learn of the death on Monday of Mrs. J. Densmore Tenney, at the age of 76. Mr. Tenney is very feeble.

From Naples Record 13 January 1872

Died, on Tuesday, Jan. 2, in Canadice, Mrs. Esther TerBush, aged 77 years. She was the wife of the late Cornelius TerBush, who died one year ago. They settled in Canadice thirty-five years ago, had accumulated a nice property, and were much respected. They were married in Barrington, Yates county.

From Ontario County Journal 26 October 1900

Mrs. Margaret D. Terhune
died at the Sheffield boarding house on Monday night after a week's illness from pneumonia. The deceased was 85 years of age and was the mother of William Terhune of the firm of Church & Terhune. Funeral services were held on Tuesday afternoon at 5 o'clock. The remains were taken to Newark, N. J., for interment.

From Ontario County Journal 21 December 1917

Mrs. Charles Terry,
who had a shock about two months ago and was taken to the Canandaigua hospital for treatment, died on Dec. 10. Burial was made at Canadice, her former home. On Sunday morning, Dec. 16, Rev. T. S. Alty preached a memorial sermon in the Methodist church here for Mrs. Terry, who was a member of the church and Home Department in the Sunday school. Rev. Alty spoke of her Christian character and trust and faith in her future life. The three score and ten mark was passed and could she have lived until January, she would have passed the 71st milestone of life. She is survived by her husband, who is past 70. Their two daughters were called to the home above just as they reached young womanhood.

From Geneva Daily Times 1 February 1918

Leonardo Tessafinne
of 38 State street died very suddenly this morning at his home. Besides his wife, he leaves seven children. Funeral services will be held Monday morning at 8:30 o'clock at the house and at 9 o'clock at St. Francis de Sales church. Interment will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery.

From Ontario County Journal 30 December 1898

Chapinville, N. Y. - Mrs. Abbie Tesseyman,
an old resident of this place, died suddenly at her home on Thursday, Dec. 22, of pneumonia , aged 78 years. She leaves five children, Robert and William of Buffalo; Mrs. Ann Merritt of Canandaigua; Mrs. A. O. Squires of Chicago; and Ethelinda Tesseyman of this place, all of whom were here to attend the funeral, which was held on Saturday afternoon.

From Geneva Daily Times 20 February 1915

The funeral of John C. Tetter, who died suddenly yesterday morning at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Mary Campbell, of 242 East North street, will be held Monday morning at 10 o'clock from the house. Dr. D. D. Campbell, of the First Methodist church, will officiate and burial will be made at Gorham, his former home.

Return to the Ontario Co. GenWeb page
Copyright 2002-16 Ontario County NYGenWeb and each contributor and author of materials herein. All rights reserved